DEBT MANAGEMENT MAIDSTONE
This leading UK company is licensed under the Consumer
Credit Act 1974 (as amended by the
Consumer Credit Act 2000)
DEBT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE AND FURTHER DETAILS ON DEBT CONSOLIDATION
Important points to remember
1. You must pay priority debts such as your mortgage, rent, council tax and utility bills first. This company will prioritise these for you and keep you informed of any changes. They will ring fence sufficient of your income to allow you to do this before calculating what you can afford to pay your other creditors. They will make an allowance in your monthly expenditure for any arrears with priority debts.
2. If your creditors send you threatening letters or issue court proceedings, do not ignore them. Tell this debt management company immediately and forward any correspondence to them and they will advise you what to do.
3. Do refer any telephone calls from your creditors to your Debt Management Personal Case Manger quoting your Debt Management Agreement (DMA) number.
4. Entering into a Debt Management Plan may increase the amount of time it takes to pay off the debts and may increase the total amount you pay back.
5. Once all you debts have been itemised on the Client Financial Planner and all your income has been calculated, they will work out how much you can afford to pay each month to start tackling any arrears with priority creditors and your unsecured debts. Your Debt management Advisor will also help to ensure that any additional income to which you or your family are entitled is being claimed, plus they will look at your energy costs to find ways of reducing these.
Your advisor will explain the client Charter and will complete a Visit Checklist with you.
*Financial Services Authority. Atcom Ltd trading as Lookit-Up.com is registered under the data protection act 1998 - Registration number Z170683X. Lookit-Up.com is not a supplier, introducer, broker, adviser or intermediary of any financial service. There are advertisements on this website inviting people to enquire about financial services - these services and the suppliers who offer them are not in any way connected with Lookit-Up.com which is purely a publisher.
IF YOU LIVE IN MAIDSTONE
Some frequently asked questions
Do I have to borrow more money to pay off my debts?
The simple answer is NO. This company does not lend you any more money and they do not pay off your debts for you. Your Debt Management Plan allows you to pay off your debts at a rate you can comfortably afford, which is entirely based upon your circumstances.
Do I inform my creditors that this company will be acting on my behalf?
No. Once you have instructed this company then they will be able to deal with your creditors directly using the authority you have given them.
How will I know my creditors are being paid?
You will receive a fully itemised statement every month which will clearly set out the money received from you and how much each creditor has been paid on your behalf.
Can this company help if I have a County Court Judgment (CCJ)?
Yes. They have a legal support team that deals directly with court paperwork on your behalf as an integral part of your Debts Management Plan. This is prioritised at the start of your plan.